Monday, March 16, 2009

Almost Over

Good Monday morning my friends. I had quite a busy weekend, not crafty busy, just the regular kind. Saturday began with the family attempting to undo what winter had wrought on our backyard. My father-in-law joined us as we all swept and cleaned and my husband mowed. My tasks were cut short when my youngest decided to take a header into our swamp water pond. Not sure why she decided to dive in, but she was quickly rescued and my day shifted from yard work to child cleaning, drying and consoling. Sunday was a family birthday party at my sister's house. The children ran amok with their cousins until, despite long naps, they dissolved into whiny fusspots.

As you might have guessed, I got very little tatting time. I did manage to participate in a little experiment over at intatters (formally etatters). Ever since I learned to tat I had seen quite a few conflicting opinions regarding the speed of needle and shuttle tatting and which might be better for what. A few people were willing to time themselves and get some numbers to see if we could answer the question. There have only been a few results thus far, so no real answer yet, but I am so happy that I am finally in a position to ask the question.

During the weekend, I had a few more entries trickle in for my giveaway landing us safely past 121 entrants. This means that I have added another pendant to the giveaway pot, so there are officially five prizes. Remember the giveaway ends tomorrow at midnight PST, so if you haven't entered yet, click that enormous purple link abouve because you are running out of time. If it turns out that there is a glut of last minute entries that takes us up to 151, I will add yet another pendant.

I'd also like to remind you that the 15% off anniversary sale also ends tomorrow at midnight. If you've known me a while you're probably aware that I don't generally do sales. I don't like them, they make me feel guilty. This will probably be the only sale that I do until winter, so if you want a deal, your time is almost up to get one. Remember, you must mention 'anniversary' at checkout to get the sale, no mention, no deal.

No comments: