Monday, September 26, 2016

Weekend Recap

Well, we had quite the busy weekend. On Saturday we headed out to the coast and went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium for the day. The weather was nice, but it was quite crowded. We usually go on weekdays, but we hadn't made it out at all during the summer so we made an exception. We also met up with one of my brothers who lives nearby there and had quite a lovely day. Incredibly I also got an order while we were out for a couple of necklaces; one Armenian lace one, and one tatted one.

On Sunday we got to suss out which of our circuits our smoke alarms live on because last week we had a false alarm with all 10 of them going off and further inspection informed us that they were all 10 years old and needed replacing. Just another one of the little things that makes me miss being a renter. New alarms have been ordered and then we'll have another lovely day rewiring the new ones when they arrive.

I did spend a little time tatting to remake the necklace that sold. I'm not quite done with it yet, so I've got that to finish today as well as remaking the Armenian lace one that sold. It's been quite some time since I had this much to make and I have to tell you that it makes me quite happy. Hopefully I'll get both done today, but that all depends on how complicated schooling gets today. I'm also reading a really interesting chapter in Jerusalem that's written in parlance of an insane person, that is to say that it's written in gibberish that takes an insane amount of concentration to work out, not to mention a fair amount of reading out loud. It's making me feel a bit like a crazy person, which I can only guess was part of the author's point. It is taking forever to read though, so not much progress to report there. I'm almost through it I think, so perhaps I'll be feeling a bit more successful tomorrow.

No comments: