Wednesday, February 4, 2015

The Dark Queen

Schooling seemed to go one forever yesterday. The oldest child had to start reading a novel and since it's homeschool, that doesn't get assigned as homework. Of course that gave me time to read my own book. Since the back quarter of book I'm reading was quite the page turner, I finished it yesterday. The Prince of Nothing trilogy has been entirely consumed. Never mind that the author is currently writing the third book of the next trilogy that follows this one. The family is trying to convince me to just wait until that last one is done before I start to read the first two. I do have plenty of comics to catch up on and I probably need to remove myself from that world a bit.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/221233211/tatted-lace-necklace-the-dark-queen?
After all that I did get my new necklace in the shop. My daughter named it for me, The Dark Queen. She said it reminded her of a medieval hairstyle. I told her it reminded me of Maleficent's horns, so she called it the dark queen. She is incredibly pleased that I went with her name. I asked on facebook, what other colors I should make it. The first response I saw was variegated, so I grabbed the first one I could find in my pile and made one up. I honestly done like it much. The construction of the piece just doesn't lend itself to the changing colors, the split work makes it flow wrong, so I don't think I'll be doing that again.

I did make another up in a solid purple, but I didn't snag a photo of that one. I might get it in the shop today, or just share the photo and see what people think. I'm also toying with the idea of making this an anklet or maybe bracelet. I'll need to play with some changes and it might need to be stiffened more to work, but I guess I have a bit of a plan at least.

3 comments:

God's Kid said...

Great design!!! :)

Madtatter80 said...

Beautiful and shows the uniqueness of needle tatting!

Lavinia said...

Simple designs can be so elegant on their own. I agree with you about the variegrated thread, the color changes seem to have a mind of their own and don't always work in your favour.