Friday, October 11, 2013

Well, I Tried

The morning was all schooling and housework because laundry and dishes are as inevitable as death and taxes. In the afternoon, I attempted another doodling session to see if anything else worth making would fall off my needles. I'm afraid it wasn't a particularly successful enterprise. I had a few ideas, but they were less than fully formed.

This was the only piece that was even remotely interesting and it's far too close to heart shaped for my liking. I just think there are already too many tatted hearts in the world for me to go adding many more to the pile. I might muck about with it so see if I can change the shape more, but it's not all that inspiring right now.

With so few sales lately, I fear it won't be too much longer until I descend into daily complaints again so I'm trying to keep working on anything to keep my focus. It's a repeating cycle around here and I just need to go with the flow. I mean, I generally do, but if I can keep myself distracted with creation, I'm far less whiny about it.

I thought I'd leave you with a pretty flower picture because the camera on the new phone is orders better than the last one and natures work is always better than mine.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I like it and I think few crystals well placed can change the design from a heart as you say to a Celtic design? like the idea of the circles on middle in special

Marty said...

There can never be too many hearts! I like the small ones for using up thread ends. Then I can give them away at the fair. :)

Kohlea said...

It's not that much less common of a motif, but to me, it looks like a butterfly if you just leave out the bottom ring :).

Madtatter80 said...

beautiful heart! and creation is therapeutic to me too!