Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Hmmm

I had hoped for more response from the pattern yesterday, but I suppose the little moth is not nearly as useful as some of my other patterns so I'll let it go. Here's a peek at what I just recently did with the moth though. I am still waiting for more thread to do the other custom one for the customer, but this one is done save for the hardware. The lack of interest does however give me an excuse to not bother with all the other bits I was going to bother with. Sure, I really didn't need an excuse, but now that I have one I'll take it.

I have little else to report as me day was spent getting that last mask made. Now all the masks listed in the shop are made and ready to ship should my sales actually pick up, which I give them permission to do...any time now. Once I was finished with that I made a list of the remaining pieces in the shop that are listed as custom. There were 7 out out 175, so not too bad. My current goal is to get those all made and ready to ship as well. They are all larger pieces, but if I do manage to get them all made the next step is to start making seconds of the most popular pieces. I'm not certain how I will determine that since it changes all the time, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Oh, I do have one other thing I've been meaning to share. Next time you're in the book store head the lifestyle magazine section and flip through a copy of Gothic Beauty. Look for the article on RockLove, page 6 and 7 and take a close look at the earrings and ring on the model. Yep, they're my tatting designs...in silver. Those are the tenebrous earrings and my simple Celtic weave ring. No, I don't know when the collection is due to actually launch, but when I find out I'll let you know. If you're not heading to the book store, you can spy the image here on her blog as well.

9 comments:

Fox said...

I love the moth!
Fox : )

geraldine said...

its a beautiful peice of tatting that needs to be recognised as shutch. call it a butterfly and it will fly.

Sharon D. said...

I did one last night and love the way it turned out. Had to do it with shuttles because I do not remember where I put my tatting needles. Thank again for the shearing the pattern.

TotusMel said...

Aw, thanks guys...I guess I just needed a few atta-girl's.

BSOTF said...

Your moths can be used for many things. Don't cut them so short. Thankyou for sharing the pattern with everyone. Smile & be proud of your work & pattern!

Krystle said...

Woooo! Are those pieces cast in silver? Thats so cool.

Stephanie Grace said...

That's what I get for not checking things yesterday! If I had, I would've been posting a moth on my blog right now!!! I can't wait to try it!!! Thank you for the pattern!!! (And for saving me the headache of eventually having to try and find a way to make one for myself! LOL).

Cograts on the magazine featuring your design! I'd love to say I can't wait to see it, but I never leave the house! LOL.

And, now, for me to go and admire the new masks....

-Stephanie Grace

Maureen said...

I don't always read blogs every day - but now that I have found Luna Moth, I have studied the pattern, and it's a really interesting one! Very symmetrical,I think though that I will make her in another colour!
Thank you for sharing!

Jo Campbell said...

I love the moth (don't like butterfly jewellery but your moth rules) - I haven't even attempted tatting before so might have to try a similar design in wire instead.