Monday, September 27, 2010

Hello There

Well good morning Monday...unless of course you are reading this later in the day, in which case a simple good Monday for you. Well, my weekend was full to bursting and that is all due to one little thing that happened in the early afternoon on Friday. I was lacking any motivation to get custom pieces remade and I was trying to think of what to make next. I tossed around the idea of a circlet then stumbled upon a few of them tatted already, but before I could wonder anymore I received a large order.

How large, you ask? Well let's just say that this morning I still have to do the finishing on the pieces so that I can get them in the post later. The pieces are needed by the 9th and even if I drag my feet at this point they will get there in plenty of time. No, I am not going to drag my feet at this point. I was a tatting fool over the weekend though getting the pieces that needed making done and as soon as they are in the mail there are several pieces that now need remaking. The kicker is that none of them are small, easy to make ones. They are all ones that generally take me a full day or longer to make, so that will be basically my week long task.

I also attended the Atwater Fall Festival with the family over the weekend. It's just a small fair that they do every year one town over. The reason I bring this up is that we ran into someone we know running a handmade jewelry booth. Apparently she also has started an etsy shop, but has had no luck there. While passing on what I have learned during my tenure there I was also reminded why I do not bother to do fairs and such in this area. Really, there are so few people who get it here, it being the value of handmade goods. The Fall Festival is dripping with resellers and no one seems to want to pay more than a few bucks for anything. Our area is also at the top of unemployment and foreclosure lists, so while I'd like to be mad at them for this mentality, it is understandable. Then since I have no interest in paying booth fees and traveling to find buyers that can and will purchase handmade goods, I remain as ever solely an etsy seller.

So then, I'm off to get making for the week. If I manage to sneak in anything new and interesting between production modes, I'll be certain to let you know.

No comments: