Friday, February 10, 2017

Done and Done

It took me most of the day, but this is the first section on the new choker made to length. In case you were wondering why it's in tan, I'm only working it in this thread because it is a prototype. The final piece will be in black as is my way. I'm just holding it on my neck here to check for size and shape. Anytime I make something with a curve, there's a risk that it will be too straight or too curved, but I think it worked out okay here.

While I think it looks nice as it was, I did decide that it at least needed another round at the bottom. The top is high enough on the neck as it is I think. I had also initial conceived of the bottom edge more dramatic like the piece I just finished remaking, but after a bit of thought, I opted for a more subtle edge to make it more wearable. I had to play with the stitch counts a bit here as well before they were good and I might still make a change or two before the final piece, but I think the basic design is ready to go. As usual, I've also got a few more pieces thought up using the basic motif here, so once the final piece is done, I'll still have a few more new pieces coming.

I'll work on that and hopefully the next Armenian lace video, this one is to be on the square loop with perhaps a bonus adding new thread at the end. I generally don't know what's going to work out until I do it, so I guess keep an eye out for the link to that later.

2 comments:

Madtatter80 said...

Oh it's very beautiful and I can tell how careful you are with the fitting that it will look spectacular when done 🌹💟🌹

The Crocheted Butterfly Nova55 said...

Gorgeous - and I totally agree with the extra round, because it finishes the choker off perfectly!