Wednesday, January 13, 2016

This and That

I started out yesterday with day 3 of the TIAS. Nope, still don't know what it is and boy does Jane love split rings. I actually already ran out of thread and had to tie off and add more. This is one of the few needle tatting downsides I freely admit to. Doesn't mean I'm picking up a shuttle anytime soon though.

After that it was more reading and I got an order for a pendant, so I had something else that needed tatting up. This is my bleeding heart motif. I've made a smaller version as earrings and used it to create a choker necklace as well. I named it that because of the flower by the way, not an actual heart. The pendant version hangs from a short lock chain, another technique that's probably easier, or at least less time consuming with the shuttle. I like doing lock chains though, they add such an interesting texture to a piece.

I also made up a second black start motif yesterday, I'm toying with the idea of joining them together like quilt pieces, but I've no idea what I would do with the end result. More likely I'll find a way to turn it into a bracelet or necklace. That's usually what I go to first anyway. I guess we'll just see how the day goes and if the muses are about or not.

No comments: