Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Star Making

I had a bit of a disagreement with the large star necklace. It just didn't want to sit right and I didn't want to make it behave. So, I turned my attention back to the individual star. I though I'd just go ahead and use my new 'chain' design to make it a necklace instead of just putting a jump ring on it to make it a pendant. Then since there was no sun in the sky for pictures, in fact it was raining all day, I grabbed some more colors and went back to making.





This is four shades of Lizbeth greens. It was the first color I saw
multiple shades of in my thread box, so I went with it. After the photo I did make it's chain as well. Then after I shared on my Facebook page, I started one in blues. Other suggestions were pinks/purples, and fiery colors. I think I might make all the colors I can think of and then list them. Or at least make until the sun comes out and then get pictures taken.  The sun is becoming quite rare around these parts as El Nino is trying to undo our drought. It won't work, but it's trying. It's one of the reason I've been lazy about listing pieces in my shop, but only one of the reasons. So here's to a productive day of start making.

2 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

I like these multicolour stars, very effective.

Madtatter80 said...

the green is nice too all the trouble has paid off, it really looks nice!