Yesterday was just as satisfyingly busy as I hoped it would be. I started the day by finishing the latch hook kit that will be a Mother's day gift for one of the children's grandmas. Well I mean I started the day after schooling with that. It took a while, but I figured out the best way for me to sew the backing down. This was important because I think I'll be the one doing that part for even the ones the kids make.
Just before that was finished I got an anklet order in my shop. This was the perfect excuse to get tatting. I remade the anklet while watching television with the kids. This one is made with Lizbeth medium raspberry thread ans some silver seed beads in a fairly classic pattern.
Once that was done I pulled out the bobbin lace again. I've bookmarked a site on the subject and I'm trying desperately to make it feel familiar to me, but I think there's just so much to it that would be loads easier with an actual teacher. Of course that's not going to happen, so I'll muddle through. I do think I've got the hang of the torchon lace ground though. Perhaps I'll just stick with that for a bit before moving on to more complex maneuvers even though the fancy ones are so neat looking.
Since I finished the latch hook I've got a little less on deck for today. I can still go back to the edging I was working on last week for tatting and of course I'll try to spend a little time each day with the bobbins. Other than that I'll just have to wait and see what the day brings.