You know what, I'm not even going to mention the choker I was suppose to make beyond this sentence. Instead I'm going to just tell you what I did get done yesterday. After schooling I starting in on the bobbin lace again. I'm on maybe the fourth or fifth lesson of it with the last completed thing being this strip of pseudo lace. This one has a sort of diamond pattern in it, but still no footside, so it's all wonky. I kept leaving the bobbins in the wrong spot after weaving the diamonds, so I had to undo and redo several times before I got through it.
After lunch I got those latch hooks turned into wall hangings. I was going to just put a ribbon on them, but the husband wisely pointed out that they would have bent in without some sort of support. Luckily I had some wood dowels on hand, so I made more stable hangers for them both. A little hot glue, some ribbon loops and they're ready to go. Of course after that I was pulling glue remains off my fingers for an hour before I could play with thread again without it snagging.
Once that was done, I rewound the bobbin, this time with regular sewing thread as I've almost depleted the thread that came with the kit. The next piece in the book is a fan headside. It continued to give me problems all afternoon. I just keep leaving bobbins in the wrong places and having to undo and redo repeatedly. Hopefully I start getting the hang of that and I'll have another piece of pseudo lace to show you on Monday. Maybe I'll even carve out some tatting time from the rather busy weekend I'm anticipating. Either way I'm sure to have something to share.