Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Progress

The knitting plan is going quite well. I finished the fingerless gloves for the youngest daughter and worked all day on the older daughter's, finishing those as well. Of course I didn't move from the couch much, but I felt like I was both relaxing a bit and accomplishing something.

Once the kids pieces were done it was time to start on the husband's gloves. I thought I was going to have to find a new pattern for his because he picked some thicker yarn than the last time I made some for him. I looked for quite some time, finding one or two that would work, when I finally realized that if I just knit the instructions for the smaller version, it should work up okay. Of course I really won't know for sure until I get to the fingers, but I'm committed to trying it out anyway.

Family house guests start arriving today so I need to get some last minute cleaning taken care of. We need to get the schooling table put up so there's more room for people and I'm sure a bunch of other small things as well. Honestly I'm starting to get less stressed out about keeping up appearances for guests. I mean they are family after all, and I'm fairly certain they've already silently judged my housekeeping. Of course I haven't let it go completely and there will still be cleaning, I just won't freak out about it as much.

No comments: