Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Still Busy

Shockingly I had yet another busy lace day. I spent much of the morning working on the custom order fascinator. I modified the pattern slightly as I went to get it a bit smaller than the original. It worked surprisingly well and the finished pieces ended up being exactly the requested size. I had to stiffen it because it wasn't going on a hat base, so I did just the underside of the piece. That way it will still look like soft, natural lace. but hold it's shape when worn. I'll be popping this in the post this morning.

Right after I set this out to dry, I got another custom order request from one of my most wonderful return customers. I seriously love my return customers. Anyway, I spent the rest of the day working on that order, though I completely forgot to get photos as I worked, so before I get them completely finished I'll do that so you can see what I was making there.

Then in a stunning finale for the day, just as I was settling in for the night, I got another order in the shop. This time it was for multiple pieces. This means I have a few larger pieces to remake today and I am just pleased as can be with my current workload. The kids still have one day off from schooling, but I think we're all done being lazy in the morning so we're going to get back to it today. This has been a great week so far. Here's to it's continued benevolence.

1 comment:

Madtatter80 said...

very pretty, glad to here of orders :)