I was pretty afraid I was going to be a liar again and not get around to any tatting. I was just so determined to finish this CD project that I should have completed, you know 5, 10 years ago. Good news, I did finish and thanks to a hardware assist from the husband, I still had time to get back to tatting.
I only got that far before I started in with the changes. As it got bigger I thought about all the possibly uses for the design, how I might change even the center beginning, but I still wanted to be able to use the piece I was making as something. After a couple more rows it was already huge, but I think it will make an awesome pendant necklace. Not a subtle one, of course, but I'm rarely subtle. I will definitely have to stiffen this one though. Those long outside chains are behaving pretty well right now, but I know they will revolt after being worn. I think I might even have to go with fa-brick on the backside which holds much better than Stiffen Stuff. It has a sheen since it coats the lace, so that's why I'd just use it on one side. I like the lace to retain it's natural look as much as possible.
I don't have any other tasks planned for today, except maybe some gardening, but I dislike gardening so I may stall on that a while longer. I should have plenty of time to get some more work done with this design, theoretically. Man, it really needs a name so I can stop spacing when I mention it...I guess I'll work on that too.