Monday, September 3, 2012

Distractions

I suppose there are many things I miss about being a kid or just a student with my life tied to a school schedule. Right now I miss vacation days. I remember when a day off meant nothing needed to be done...nothing at all. Sure today is a day off for the kids and even for the husband, but not for mom. No, I still have blogging and cleaning and laundry. I still have a little shop to keep running in cyberspace and tasks that will lie undone if I don't do them. It's fine, I've accepted it really, but that doesn't mean I can't whine occasionally when I know the rest of the house slumbers and I'm already working out what needs to be done for the day.

I did get some things done over the weekend amidst furniture shopping and family fun at the air museum. I got two sets of the new design made up. First I went with a burgundy with gunmetal beads. It is one of the most notoriously difficult shades to photograph though. It's a darker shade than it appears with more purple undertones. I also had to change the bead count because these ones are a slightly different size externally than the others.

Then I asked the facebook for color suggestions and I got one for green and brass so I made up a set in those colors as well. I fully intended to have both sets photographed and listed on Saturday, but I did no such thing. Instead we went furniture shopping all bloody day thoroughly exhausting everyone in the household. The saddest part is we bought all the furniture, but since it's all on order we have nothing to show for it save for one chair we got at a tent sale toward the end of the day. That chair has already been claimed for all cat kind by the way.

On Sunday I could have gotten to listing the new stuff, but instead we went to open cock-pit day the air museum. That almost thoroughly exhausted me, but then I got home and cleaned because we're having family over today. The cleaning did me in and I just didn't feel like exerting the effort to photograph and list anything.  Luckily that sort of not wanting to get up feeling is perfect for getting some tatting done. I used the opportunity to get a couple more things remade and feel a little productive after all.

I swear today the new pieces will be listed despite the many distractions that will undoubtedly be tossed in my direction. I will get back to work and labor on this Labor day. I will continue the tradition of working regardless of what everyone else is doing.

2 comments:

God's Kid said...

Those are really great!! :)

West Pine Creations said...

Your little earrings are so darling. They remind me of my little ratties. We just lost our last rat, not long ago. Sure do miss her, she went everywhere (including the grocery store). Her name was Tasha and she was a Russian Blue, Burmese.