Thursday, December 9, 2010

Always Knock On Wood

I know it's what I get for talking without knocking on some wood, but I didn't have a single sale yesterday. Not one. Any other time of the year this would not be cause for alarm, but now, in the middle of the holiday shopping season, it's got my brain doing circles trying to figure out out to pull out of the nose dive. Did I do something wrong? Did I fail to do something right? No need to try and justify it to me, I know that it is likely just a fluke and even if it wasn't there is nothing to be done for it now. I suppose I just needed to get a little panic out into the open.

Even though I got no sales I was still busy of course. I had a pair of ankle corsets that needed making and I managed to finish them right before bedtime. I also got pictures of the ring I made the other day and got that listed. It always puts me in a better mood when I have something new to share, no matter how small.

So today I have the elytra necklace to remake. If nothing else I can get the lace tatted up and worry about attaching the wings later. If sales remain elusive, I'll just try and make something new to take the edge off. I still have a huge bag full of adds and ends to challenge my sense of design, so there's always that.

4 comments:

Crazy Mom! said...

Love the ring - really pretty.

How many little catties do you have now?

TotusMel said...

Thank you! We have the 3 older cats and now the 2 kittens. I'm told we'd need at least two more before we're crazy cat people;-)

Unknown said...

That is a cute ring! I agree with my lil' buddy up there! LOL!

Unknown said...

Realmente adorable.Como todo lo que tu haces. Te admiro. Besos