Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I Dreamed A Dream

The dreams have begun. You know the ones you get right before any event that play out all the possible scenarios in strange detail, both relieving your stress and creating new ones at the same time. You brain imagines how things will play out and mine always seems to create many more awkward situations than my waking mind could fathom. So, my Maker Faire dreams have been torturing me with everything from looking like a fool to well...no it's mostly just the looking like a fool one. I know, I know, suck it up , it'll be fine and it's not like anyone forced me to do this so I should stop my whining.

I'm still having wardrobe issues and I need to tag my stuff, but I think I've made all that will be made. Of course it really doesn't matter since I managed to slice the tip of my left index finger on the corn can last night. This makes tatting...problematic, so even if I wanted to make more, it would simply take too long. I still feel certain that I am going to come off horribly unprofessional amongst my peers, but at this point it can't be helped. I'm not a professional and I don't have a nice SteamPunk wardrobe to work with, so I'll just attempt to work with amateur as best as I can.

If you haven't guessed yet, I will be taking my entire etsy store inventory with me. So from the 29th through the 31st, the store will be in vacation mode...which I still need to set up. I also have no way of knowing what will be coming back nor how long it will take to remake what has sold. This is where I tell you that if you have your eye on something, especially the one of a kind sort of pieces, you might want to act know or regret it later.

5 comments:

Sara said...

Good luck! I'm sure your work will speak volumes all on it's own. :)

Artsnark said...

Lucky you! You'll have a great show, I'm sure

Sarah Dungan said...

I've gotten to the point where I only have dreams where I miss airplanes before I travel. Every. Damn. Time. Other events do not bother my dreams but apparently trying to get to an airport on time is terrifying ;-)

Fox said...

You are NOT going to come off unprofessionally to your peers! I am a freelancer - so I recognize professionalism when I see it. And YOU'VE got it! (You are just getting the jitters - It's healthy - keeps you on your tattooed toes!)

Holly said...

You'll be great!!! I had on more wardrobe than inventory....so really, I think I'd rather sell more than be really uncomfortable in costume....lol