Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thread For Paper

Well one half of the to-do list can be crossed off. I've finally caught up with all the pieces that needed remaking. So that just leaves the other half of the list that contains the ornaments and all the pieces currently listed as custom orders. I think I am stalling a bit on all of that though. I guess I've still hoping that all the lent pieces return quickly and safely and if I make extras of them now, then I'll have doubles. Yes, I'm aware that probably isn't a bad thing, it's just I'm so tired of all the production work right now. I think I need a more interesting purpose to my work. Of course I have no idea what that would be, but I think I need it anyway. The ornaments are almost as bad since there are so many of them that need making and they will all be repeats as well.

So I did stall a bit yesterday after I finished the last bracelet that need making and I decided to try my hand at paper cutting. If you read my other blog, the Wunderkammer or follow my new Tumblr, then you might have noticed that I've found quite a few paper cuttings lately and I was intrigued. After all, the intricate nature of the work is quite similar to tatting. So I downloaded a template and started cutting. My gracious it is time consuming and my hand is not nearly as steady and smooth as it needs to be for expert cuts, but the whole enterprise did what I needed it to do. It distracted me and my fingers for a while. This is just halfway through the piece and as you can see, not very smooth on those lines, but hey, it was my first try. I'm almost done with it now. I guess I'll finish it up this morning just so I can say I did so and then start to contemplate that tatting list again.

So again, I'm pretty boring online, but at least I had something to share. Since the last two days have been relatively uneventful I'm crossing my fingers for something interesting to happen today. Well, that or at least come up with something creative for me to do. Well Universe, go ahead and hit with something good.

2 comments:

Ann Martin said...

I think you did wonderfully with the butterfly. After spotting the beetle on your Tumblr you might like the quilled beetle I posted on Monday on my site that was made by an incredibly talented quiller, Natasha Molotkova.

jenilin said...

Wow paper cutting I am intriqued