Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Ankle Corsets

I managed to finish the first ankle corset using the design I showed off yesterday. Then I got a custom order so I had to stop work on the second one. Of course, I still have to wait for my shoes for them to have a proper photo shoot and I need to work out a better way to take pictures of my own feet as well. I think I am going to stick with ankle corset as the name for these pieces, but I still haven't settles on a price point.

When I do finally finish up this pair I am going to try to work out a barefoot sandal design that will have a toe loop as many of you have suggested. I do have fairly small feet, so it might be a challenge to devise a pattern that will fit more sizes than just mine. I probably won't add beads, at least not at first mostly because I don't like working with them all that much.

Good news on my instructable, I received an email this morning telling me that that it is now 'popular' and has been returned to the front page. This just means a little more exposure for the tatting. In a month or so, I plan on doing one that will teach split rings and spiral or Josephine chains. I'm also aware that I did not do a personal reveal post last week. I figured all my talk of tooth pain and jury duty was verging on too much information as it was so I skipped it. Tomorrow, I will have one for you, though I don't really think anyone is waiting on pins and needles to find out more mundane details of my life.

4 comments:

Wychbury said...

Ooooh pretty! :)

Anonymous said...

that looks wonderful! If you ever need help with making different sizes you could always ask people for measurements.

Anonymous said...

Wow! The design turned out really well - and the photography of your foot is perfect, too.

Very awesome idea!

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Wow - your tatted ankle corset looks amazing!