Yesterday's schooling was particularly stressful. It took a while to decompress from it. Once I did sit down I played with the tatted/knotted snowflake. So here's the finished prototype that I didn't show you yesterday. It feels like it could be a snowflake, but I felt like it was missing some things.
On the second go around I used some pearl-like beads on the bare spaces between the peaks. I also tried long joined picots in the center. Turns out the beads work fine and don't even cause the drooping I was afraid of when I started with them, but the work is slower going as I add in the beads using a beading needle instead of a normal one. The center however, is not what I was hoping for at all. There were a lot of suggestions about adding something large to the center like a button, but as I can only work with what I have on hand, I think I might try some combination of the same sort of beads. That's the only plan I have for today, so here's hoping the day goes well and I get something in the shop to do.