Friday, January 2, 2009

What Was I Gonna Say This Time?

Okay, it's one of those mornings when I have nothing planned to write about. I'm sitting here with a long list of items to be tatted and rooms to be cleaned and countless other small tasks that should be attended to, but most likely will not be done any time soon. Instead I find myself thinking of strange and mostly irrelevant topics. Already this morning I have discussed the potential for life on other planets and the rumors over what new product will be announced at Macworld next week.

I feel scattered and unfocused and I blame the winter holidays that throw my schedule off so horribly. I remember when I was in high school I wanted nothing more than to be free to do whatever I liked whenever I liked, but by college I realized that I thrive on structure. While I am much happier to determine that structure myself, I definitely need one in place to function correctly. I need to start the day with coffee and the news. I need to check my email, etsy, twitter, steam forum and blog every weekday morning. When I am forced away from these an other predetermined events for too long everything seems to suffer.

I hope that after Macworld, things settle back into my less than exciting routine and I can really get back to work. Until then I'm afraid you will suffer my inconsequential ramblings...sorry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it's understandable that you are distracted by what might appear at Macworld :)

Gina said...

Ha, well, me too. I love having all these days off, but I tend to stay up late, sleep odd hours, and never accomplish nearly as much as I hoped. But I do feel full of energy now!

Anonymous said...

WELL!! I expected much more. Where's the witty banter, etc.