Monday, January 5, 2009

Away Again

Every year since way before the kids were born, me & the husband have made a sort of pilgrimage to Macworld in San Fransisco. Since it's just a couple of hours away, we usually head over for the day with the kids, walk the floor and come home. This year we're dragging along the in-laws and leaving a day early so we can play tourist for a bit and get our badges the night before avoid the horrors of the Tuesday morning line.

When I first started attending, it was all about supporting my tech husband, but more and more I find myself entranced with all the new gadgets and software and I am a little sad that this marks the last year Apple will be attending. I wonder if this marks the end of what was to become a family tradition. I still have the first Mac that my family bought, a Mac Classic with a screen barely bigger than an ipod. It still worked last time I checked, though I haven't powered it on in a few years.

Anyway, I obviously won't be tatting for a few days as I endulge the other geeky side of myself, but when I get back I've resolved that I am going to work on the big projects. I tend to stick to remaking the things I can finish in less than a day, but that leaves things like my masks and collars that keep getting pushed back and I've afraid if I don't just bite the bullet I'll never get back to them. When I leave too many big pieces on the to-do list I stall and another side effect of that stalling is I don't get around to working on new pieces either. So I've already started a few panels of my throat corset that I sold over the holidays to someone in Denmark of all places and hopefully that will keep me on the right track.

3 comments:

that_rat said...

You forgot to mention that it was love at first sight when I saw the Mac Classic in your room...

Anonymous said...

Okay! What was that_rat doing in your room?????? Was your mother home???????? We may need to have a little discussion!!!!!!

Jrahn said...

when are we gonna get that thing bronzed?