Thursday, November 5, 2009

PIle Of Lace

The scarf is done. I wish I could show you some awesome pictures of it, but I finished too late in the afternoon and by the time it was pressed the sun has passed. I could have gotten some pictures anyway, but they're never really good without the sun. So late, I promise. For now I have a picture of a pile of yarn that will look like a scarf soon after the picture was taken. I honestly can't believe that I even continued making the first scarf after I saw how awful the lace looks right off the needle. It misbehaves something horrible, all curled and twisted, but just a little heat and steam and it will look wonderful, I swear.

I started tatting a necklace after I finished work on the scarf and it feels so weird to go back to working with thread after having the large, coarse yarn sliding through my fingers for days. I know there are at least a half dozen pieces I need to get remade, but as November has started out like a...um, well there have been no sales anyway, I've got that creation malaise. Hard to want to keep creating when things are just sitting. I'll get it done, but there is less enthusiasm for the work.

I am trying to also work out some deal or sale to offer exclusively to the facebook fans. If you swing that way, be sure to stop by and fan the page so you're around when I do figure it out. I'm thinking of offering a sale item a day or something like that, but I'm not married to the idea. I probably won't be offering any other major sales this holiday season save for maybe a free shipping deal, so if you are looking for a deal, that's the place to find it.

1 comment:

Emi said...

It looks beautiful even just from that picture, lovely color at least.