Thursday, November 29, 2012

More Rings

There was no sun to speak of yesterday so it was pretty hard to get good pictures of the rings I wanted to get listed, but I think I manged some okay ones. I might go back and redo the photos when the sun returns to the valley, but it's not likely. I went ahead and made it another variation listing where the customer can pick two colors from a drop down menu so I used photos from both rings in the listing.

Later in the afternoon I got some time to dig through my supply boxes and discovered that I have adjustable ring bases in silver tone on hand as well. The pad on top is slightly smaller so I didn't want to list them as an option until I worked up at least one ring one them to make sure the same pattern would work. I used Ocean Teal and Medium Charcoal Gray for this one and since my phone refuses to properly photograph the teal, I threw on a ridiculous filter. The teal is closer to what it actually looks like, but you still can't see any of the green tone in it. My real camera does better, but only when there is sun. So I won't likely add this to the listing until the sun returns either. Though the whole point was to see if the silver base would work and it clearly does so the original listing now notes that you can get it in either metal tone. I wish I could add a third variation for that choice, but etsy has capped them at two, so for the time being it has to be noted at checkout.

I've thought about doing a tutorial on the technique I use to attach the tatting to jewelry bases like rings and bobby pins without glue, but I think almost everyone has their own method at this point. If you think it's something people would like to learn, let me know and maybe it will be one of my after the holidays projects. For now I'll keep plugging away on new pieces for the shop to try and stay busy and relevant. Only a month left of extra holiday stress.

7 comments:

Carol said...

I would LOVE to know how to do things like that! I love the idea of making tatting into jewelry, but attaching it to things boggles me. I love looking at your work. Your creativity amazes me. I can (try) to follow a pattern, but making things up is way beyond me at this point.

Denise - Jewelry By Denise said...

I agree with Carol! I would love to be able to attach my tatting to ring bases or bobby pins without glue! Beautiful rings!!!

rsmre said...

Yes, please do the tutorial on how you attach your tatting to jewelry findings, hair clips, etc. Like Carol and Denise, I hate the thought of using glue, but I am never sure that I will get the tatting attached securely enough to withstand frequent use.
Many thanks,
Rosemarie

Michelle said...

I'd love to see what you do. Please make the video!

Unknown said...

I agree with the others - I'd love to see how you do it. I have an idea, after watching the photos, but it's always better to know than to guess.
And the rings are beautiful, though simple - but it's not a surprise.

Unknown said...

I like these rings, they're very pretty.

Vicky said...


i'd LOVE to learn how to attach tating to jewelry! Throwing in my vote for a tutorial! Pretty please! ;)

(Sorry for the late comment. Catching up on the blog after my holiday hiatus from the interwebs.)