Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I'm A Genius

So tired and to top it all off I woke up to the smell of gas this morning. My ambitious dinner for my guests apparently resulted in my knocking one  of the dials on the stove, so natural gas all night long apparently. Then the Internet scared the pants off me about it. It was very hard to find rational responses to it...most try to convince you the house explosion imminent and to run screaming from the house. The few rational responses were followed, the windows are open, fans are on, the smell has dissipated and it's freezing in here. I suppose this is one of those times that it's really good that we wake up so early. I can't believe no one else smelled it though...oh well, you can't go back can you?

I managed to get a little work done in the morning though mostly it was just the same pair of earrings only smaller as requested. This is the small one next to its big sister. I only made one stitch count change and that was because two beads in each scallop made it look ridiculous so I just used one per. That was the most creativity I unleashed all day safe for the creative use of gas last night...sorry, I just can't believe I did that.

I've got the last guest coming in sometime today and my sister requested that I watch her four kids today since they're out of school, but she has to work. The house will be beyond full. Of course it will be even worse on Thursday for the big meal. I'm pretty sure that Friday will find me collapsed in a ball somewhere. You know, after I finish all the dishes anyway. Which reminds me, I need to put the dishes up...sigh.

2 comments:

** jess! ** said...

Oh no! It is pretty amazing that no one smelled it. My man has a gas stove and that thing stinks, but maybe I notice it more since I don't have one.
I love both earrings! I think they are darling. :o)

rsmre said...

I read your blog everyday. Relax and enjoy your company. These are some of the best times of your life. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.
Rosemarie