Friday, August 29, 2008

A Kind Of Pale Jewel

I am so late getting tot he blog this morning. This is what happens when a 1 year old gets sick and keeps me up all night. I can't even remember what it was that I was going to talk about today. I had promised myself that I would lay off the mask business for at least a day and blather on about another subject, but since I'm fairly certain that you don't want to hear about how my baby kept me up all night I'll just go back to mask progress and hope you all don't boycott my lack of creative subjects.

I finished the base structure for the Mardi Gras mask, put it on with the matching necklace and promptly decided that it still needed something. I couldn't figure out what, so I've put the design on the back burner. I'm hoping it will come to me as I work on other designs. I do think that it looks great with the necklace so I won't abandon it entirely, but for now I'll be moving on.

I picked up the jeweled version of my first mask and finished it up yesterday and managed to get some photos so I could list it on the etsy. I paired it with my Portrait choker for the photos and I think they look amazing together and I keep wishing that I had any reason to wear them out, but as I rarely leave my home to go anywhere terribly interesting, it's unlikely that I will be soing that anytime soon. Check out the listing for more photos of the pair, I really like a couple of them. This one is called "A Kind Of Pale Jewel" because I've decided all of my masks will have a Labryinth themed name. This has had the unfortunate side effect of wedging the soundtrack into my head for the last week. I've tried, but it just won't budge.

I've now moved on to a mask design based on my Gears of Grace and Diamond in Lace chokers only much bigger. I think this design will have to take on an entirely different look to be a successful mask, but it should still match the necklace. I might have a prototype done by Monday, but my baby brother is coming up for a visit this weekend so I might be a little too busy with that. Well, I'm sure I'll have soemthing for you.

10 comments:

fluffnflowers said...

The masks look amazing! Paired together with the choker, they really do make a complete set and much different and much more appealing than most of the standard Mardi Gras masks.

Gina said...

I like the jeweled black mask with the choker and yeah...wouldn't it be nice to have somewhere to wear it? LOL!

Jewelry Rockstar said...

Hi! Congrats! You've won the kind blogger award over on my blog!

Unknown said...

your masks are SO cool!

Loonstruck said...

It is gorgeous. We're supposed to wear costumes on Halloween and I'm seriously considering working this into a Cinderella topper for next year. I'm a librarian and the little girls are just wild about princesses.

Unknown said...

those look *wonderful*. much more interesting and eye catching than many of the mass produced masks i see people wearing around here during mardi gras.

yep. sometimes i find i have to leave a design behind and return to it later in order to *get* what it is that's missing.

Deanna Lack said...

Those are so insanely cool!

Blooming Lily said...

Stunning! Slightly eerie, but really cool.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow.... the second one is my favourite, so stunning. ..and your blue hair looks great with it too!

Waterrose said...

I really like the black mask and necklace together. The black looks so mysterious and is flattering.