Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Why Do I Procrastinate Now?

I hate being late for anything. When I'm given a project, I generally start it right away and finish long before I need to. The exception to my virtually flawless on time record occurs when I'm faced with too many projects at once. They don't have to be big projects with the same deadline, just one too many will do me in. I simply can't decide where to start and as my husband would say, I BSOD.

So here I am with one day left to finish my entry for the Spring Beading Challenge and what am I doing? I'm stalling. It's almost as if I've already decided that I'm going to fail. I have Mother's day gifts to make, an article for Belle Armoire Jewelry to write and I really should make something new to list in my shop, none of those things are due tomorrow, but I've spent far more time on them than on this bloody beaded necklace.

I'm going to get on it now, I swear. Maybe I'll even finish it on time. The funny thing is, as soon as I finish these project, I'll probably have weeks of free time. Flood or famine...damn, I'm stalling again.

2 comments:

that_rat said...

BSOD...nice.
It makes a nice screensaver for Windows:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/
sysinternals/bb897558.aspx
and for Apple and Linux: http://www.jwz.org/xscreensaver/download.html

yellowplum said...

Oh sister, thanks for posting that one. I've been beating myself up for not joining Etsy Beadweavers (because I know they're totally *awesome*) but the truth is, I have too much on my plate as it is.