Monday, April 28, 2008

The Way Back Machine

KungFuCowgirl & VerukaDollsLand

My very first etsy purchase in May of 2006 was a Totoro plush from KungFuCowgirl, it was her second sale. Since that point she's managed to racik up well over 2000 sales and I just hit 250, so clearly she's doing something right. Now I know some of you may point out the copyright infringement issue with this plush, but all I knew was my daughter loved the movie and I couldn't find a plush anywhere. It's a little worse for the wear, but is still doing quite nicely. It stacks up well next to the commercial plushes I have since been able to buy. I don't know if she would remember me at all, but I'll never forget my first.

That August I returned to etsy for more plushes. This time, I was looking for something off, something different and I found it at VerukaDollsLand. She hand sews the most adorable little creatures and I feel in love with many of them. I managed to set up a trade with her for one of the knit teddy bears I used to make. Even though it's obvious that this was a handmade piece it's sturdy, well made and the handmadeness of it is actually a very attractive quality. This little wubbie is still sitting in my daughters room and I have since bought a second one for my youger daughter in a pretty purple. These are the kinds of one of a kind pieces that I think they will have fond memories of forever.


I can absolutely see how these sellers have done so well over that last two years. They both make quality products that actually do stand the test of time.

3 comments:

marin said...

very cute etsy finds. :)

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

It sounds like they have done quite well! Striving to get there!

Katie L. said...

great reviews :) such cute little plushies!