Friday, May 26, 2017

I'm Back

Hello everyone, which is probably just a small handful of people at this point I'm guessing. Clearly I've been taking a bit of a break on the blogging. I've also been taking a bit of a break with basically everything craft related. Sales in my etsy shop have had me wondering lately if I ought to just throw in the towel with the whole endeavor. I'm not quite ready to let go yet though. I do still quite enjoy creating and that's still the best outlet for it.





Over the past couple of weeks, I've spent a lot of time on family stuff, birthdays, moving, divorces, none of those things are mine by the way. I spent a weekend cross stitching a clearance sampler kit while watching Netflix with the family. I've also spent some time with the slowly growing Armenian lace doily/tablecloth, though I haven't taken a picture of it in a while. I probably spent the most time reading actually. Well that and contemplating the idea of writing something myself. I'm not certain I have the skill set for that though.



It's also the home stretch of the homeschooling year. We have just a few weeks left and that means a lot of projects and state testing to deal with. So I guess that I just took the time off from being an artisan to focus on all these other things for a while. I did just finally get an order in my etsy shop yesterday that got me tatting again and that is likely what brought me back here as well. I finally have something tatting related to share, though to be honest it's just a pair of barefoot sandals you've seen countless times before.

So I'm hoping that I can get back into the habit of creating and blogging again soon, though I somehow doubt I'll be as consistent as I used to be. I just need to find a bit more motivation somewhere to really get back into everything. Here's hoping that it actually exists. Regardless, life is fine and I'm still making things, always making things.



5 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

It can't be easy to be creative as well as do home schooling! Glad to see you back blogging.

LOTTIEFLA said...

Glad to see a post from you --- good luck getting your mojo back!

Madtatter80 said...

love the positive negative counted cross stitch it is lovely and I think is is time of year too so much to do little time for crafts I too have slowed down very much and have been busy with other things too!

Unknown said...

It is hard to keep at it with so many other things going on, but so glad you found the time for an update. Life sure can get in the way sometimes. just know there are many of us out there who are so grateful to you for the many things you have shared. <3

Unknown said...

I am glad to see you're back