Friday, September 10, 2010

The Smallest You Can Think Of

I just spent the last ten minutes all confused because yesterdays post was dated for Wednesday and I wondered where yesterdays post had gone. Then I realized that it was yesterdays post, but because I had started writing it the night before it dated it that day which is very confusing since I definitely posted it yesterday. Clearly I am not awake enough to deal with these inconsistencies so I'm just going to move on now.

Unfortunately, I don't really have much to show you. I spent the morning after schooling working on a pattern to shrink the moth I had made for a wedding. I was actually quite impressed with myself as my very first attempt seemed right on the money. This is just the prototype next to prototype of the moth on the lapel pin. I just guessed the new stitch count as I worked instead of attempting something as horrid as moth and save for one added stitch along the top wing the final piece was exactly the same. One of the mall moths was also put on a pin which means I just tatted the head onto the small ring.

After that I spent the rest of the tatting day getting a mask made. One sold during my stint on the front page of etsy but has yet to be paid for. I know I should not bother making it as it has already been over a day and I've heard nothing back, but it was a good excuse to get another mask on the 'ready to ship' list so I soldier on. I'll get the moths ready to list and ship this morning and hopefully finish up the mask so I can get the new idea tried out before I forget all about it. I wanted to try and put a frilly edge on the most recent design using the same technique I use in one of my bracelets only a little more extreme. Not sure how frilly will fly, but I want to try it out anyway. No other pressing plans this weekend other than a neighbors birthday party to attend so maybe I'll get around to some interesting something and some point. That was sure a lot of 'some' I just wrote there, but you get the idea. I'm rambling and I should just stop now so, well...I will.

1 comment:

Sharon D. said...

love the moth. It would be a great pattern for emptying shuttles.